Saturday, February 18, 2012

Mama needs sleep!

Okay, first of all, how awesome (still shabby) is the blogger app for iPhone? It's great for a lazy blogger like me. Though I hate the way pictures are uploaded.

Anywayyyyy

I'm so tired. Like unbelievably tired. Quentin used to be a rock star at sleeping. He has slept by himself since 2 weeks old (Dude, I needed my space) and has put himself asleep and slept through the night since 2 months. I very proud of this, it was hard as shiz to do but it was way worth it.

Butttttttt, he's been difficult lately. Every time I lay him down for a nap he fights it, sometimes for hours. He's never needed much sleep during the day, most of the time he would only sleep 30-40 mins and that's been since he was a newbie! But he's almost refusing now. He's not even 5 months old yet! And it not just naps either. He's been waking up at 3-5 am and fights going back to sleep. Cries for an hour or too. But I know, know, know my son and he's tired. I don't know what to do! I really need my sleep right now! This mama is tired.

And let's face it, nap time is a godsend. Since I do PT with Quentin every hour, this mama NEEDS him to take a decent nap! AH! STRESSED!

Side note: I think it's super cute he puts his blanket on his face. That's how I like to sleep too.



11 comments:

  1. I have no tips my dear lady, but Q does indeed look cute, as do you.  Your tired face is lucky, because you still look acceptable! Haha, I used the word acceptable to describe your face, You know what I mean!  You look fabulous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are pretty much my American GIRL CRUSH!!! 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Four-month sleep regression?

    We ran into the same problem. Here's a site that might help: http://www.babysleepsite.com/how-we-sleep/4-month-old-sleep-regression/

    Also, you can check the forums at BabyCenter to find more tips from parents who have experienced it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I love love your lipstick. What kind is it??


    mybillie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard of the sleep regression, or something like it too. My little seemed to go through a phase of. It wanting to nap around five or six months unless it was completely dark in the room. After a mo th or two, we overcame it and since then sleep and naps have been easy. Another reason could be teething. When my LO began teething naps were shorter because the discomfort would wake my babe. Homeopathic teething tablets and an amber necklace worked wonders!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 4 month sleep regression.  We had the WORST time with Margaux  between 4 and 5 months.  THE WORST.  It lasted about 3 weeks but it felt like forever.  I know how tiring it is, and I can't imagine how tired you must be being pregnant on top of that.  Hang in there lady.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look so pretty in red lipstick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. reef didnt have 4 month sleep regression but he did the same thing Q is when he hits wonder weeks here's  link to the one your beautiful boy might be in http://www.thewonderweeks.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=65&Itemid=156

    also, how the heck did you get him to sleep through the night at 2 months?! id love if reef slept for more than 4 hours at a time

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ummm... He was always an independent baby. He and I both slept better apart. I just swaddled him and started him off in the car seat cause its all cozy and eventually went to laying flat. And he doesn't nap well during the day, he does most of his sleeping at night, I truly think its just his personality. :( Sorry, I don't have magical advice.  

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its covergirl outlast. I love the longtime wear! I'm not sure of the color name though. 

    ReplyDelete